Useful Information for the preparation of a cholecystectomy
- Speak to your doctor about all the medicines and supplements which you take.
- Continue to take most drugs such as it were prescribed.
- Cease taking certain medicines because they can increase your risk of bleeding.
- You must remain with jeun the night before the intervention. You can drink a water mouthful with your drugs, but avoid eating and to drink at least 6 hours before the intervention.
- It is necessary to take a shower with an antibacterial soap before the intervention..
Plan in advance the return to you and convalescence after an operation:
- To find somebody to lead you to residence and to remain with you.
- Ask a friend or a family member to accompany back you on your premise and to remain close to you the first night after the surgery.
Most people can return on their premises the very same day of their cholecystectomy, but of the complications can occur and require one or more nights with the private clinic.
If the surgeon must make a long incision in the abdomen to remove the gall bladder, you will have to perhaps remain with the private clinic longer.
It is not always possible to know in advance which procedure will be used.
Plan your stay if you must remain with the private clinic:
Do not forget to bring personal objects as your brush to teeth, comfortable clothing and books or magazines to pass the temp
Cœlioscopic Cholecystectomy = method of assumption of responsibility into ambulatory in Montpellier – Clementville Private clinic – Private clinic of the Park
After the operation
As waked up, the patient is led in his bed in the ambulatory surgery department. The nurse then proposes a little water or of herb tea to him: midday, the patient must be able to eat a light meal. Calming antalgic are managed by the perfusions which are left in place 2 to 3 a.m.
The nurse is attentive with the intensity of the pain of the patient and her capacity to find a satisfactory autonomy (displacements in the room, resumption of the micturitions and the transit, aspect of the wounds…).
After a few hours of recovery the perfusion is removed and analgesics (anti-pains) are taken by the mouth. The medical team and the anaesthetist ensure themselves whereas the pain does not reappear and that the abdominal comfort of the patient remains correct.
The exit of the patient can be considered.
The nurse makes sure that the patient is in possession of papers necessary: operational report, report of hospitalization, sick leave (15 days), ordinance of exit, return of consultation of control to 1 week in the attending physician, at 5 weeks in the surgeon
Exit from clinic
The exit will be decided only after one visit of the anaesthetist (and at the same time of the surgeon) In practice, the patient leaves the service between 15:00 and 19:00, accompanied by a member of his family.
The evening meal must be light.
It is in general of a soup and a yoghourt L.
The following days
The wounds do not require any care because of their mode of fermeture.= intradermal overcasting (wire inside) and of the biological adhesive.
The patient has the possibility of taking a shower as of the shortly after the intervention.
The sick leave is 15 days safe for the labourers or it is 4 weeks.